Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 17: The Pope in Hyde Park

So I went on a quest for socks. The only place anyone recommended is this fantastic department store called Primark, which sounds like Ross and Walmart put together (the idea makes me want to scream and run away) but I really needed socks for Paris. I felt cool though, getting off at Marble Arch where I'd never been...unfortunately for me, it was EXIT ONLY and I didn't know what that meant. I emerged into glorious sunshine and crowds of old people shuffling towards Hyde Park...Darn you, Pope! I have nothing against Catholicism, but the traffic for this man was unbelieveable. The entire road was blocked off, I couldn't get into Primark, and Bond Street was the nearest Tube station. I got back on the Tube and headed home, defeated.

1 comment:

  1. So you know how Banana Republic, Gap and Old Navy are owned by the same company? Primark is like the level below, it is strange. But I will say that I got a great blanket there and sunglasses for £1. No luck with clothes though.

    ReplyDelete