Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 37: Camden Market

Jude Law's Favorite Market


Unbeknownst to me was how much I'd enjoy this place. I wisely went alone, so as to avoid shopworkers asking if I needed "help"--the place is some sort of British love child from Spencers', Hot Topic, Guitar Center, FYE, and oddly ModCloth. The Lock is a market made entirely of handmade crafts, leatherwork, ceramics, and self-recorded albums--I didn't even scratch the surface today. Wandering between souvenir shops, glow t-shirts, hipster hats and crepe stands, I found a Beatles bag for £10. Waterproof? It made me feel better for not staying over in Liverpool.

My next brilliance was in going to Primark to find a jacket (this black sweater really doesn't cut it in this wind) and, ignoring the thin pointless chicks' hoodies downstairs, I took the escalator to the men's section (which was empty) and found several for £6. Cheaper and thicker than the chicks' jackets. One nap and a date to Tuk Tuk made this Saturday all kinds of successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment