Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 86: Double Cream and Dinner with the Crandalls

The Tube strike continues. Today we went to have dinner with the Crandalls, and silly me, I forgot to wear tights. We waited outside for a bus for some twenty minutes afterward; I reached down to rub my knees, my skin felt like a corpse's. Little unnerving. But walking outside seriously feels like wading through snow. I'm just glad it hasn't snowed yet--so wet and cold that we'll lose some of the girls for sure.

Dinner was delightful! Such American food: pulled pork sandwiches, jello salad, and pumpkin pie. The six of us sat around for something like two hours, talking about the most embarassing things we'd ever done, horrible dating stories, how the cute couple got together...so fantastic. I didn't want to leave; the fireside that evening was straight up Christmas singing (not caroling, just singing). It took us ages to get home, so we only had to sing one last song before everyone got candy. I sure would like to be a senior missionary with my husband, have a little living room and bathroom and kitchen, teaching everyone how to use the new Family Search. I sure hope I can see them again.



No comments:

Post a Comment