Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 95: Last Day! Camden Town and the Lights of London


Living in London



The house is a wild flurry of packing, so I'll try to be brief and head downstairs for the hugs and such. Today Emily, Beth and I went shopping (meaning they went shopping for Beatles shirts, and I mostly just navigated) in the Camden Lock, the best market London has to offer. So much rock merch and indy art that it was hard to leave after all.



After that, it was off to the British Museum finally and I was entirely sated after an hour of being there. I LOVE art galleries and I really don't care for museums (although London is the place to get overdosed, question?) Saw the mummies and Rosetta Stone and Parthenon and everything. Now I'm done and have nothing but the pictures and memories. Tonight we headed to see Christmas lights in the squares as our final hurrah. Beautiful pictures, great friends, cold Christmas air and the last day any of us is able to say, "I'm living in London!"

Should pack myself, actually. But there's always time to pack--I just hope I can get some sleep tonight while everyone else packs in the middle of the hallway--since there's a scale for weighing everything, the girls started weighing themselves last night, and I jerked awake to Grace positively screaming, "My life is OVER!" She'd gained eleven pounds. It was 2:30am. All part of living with 40 girls, I suppose. I hope I can remember it all so I can write it down when I get home...I'm struggling to remember less-than-gripping days, heaven forbid there be BOREDOM in London!

Oh, goodness. After London we have to make choices and be adults about it, so says Nikki. I guess that's when real life starts up again--no more breaks off the treadmill of life where work and relationships dominate all our time. I guess we've all changed in ways we can't quite measure--like death, the only thing we really take home are the relationships and what we've learned. I hope I never forget what it was like to live in London with such great friends.



Looks like I'm off to pack some more. Cross your fingers for the airport to stay open!

No comments:

Post a Comment